It's getting cooler here in the morning. One of my favourite things to do on a Sunday morning is snuggle up with my dog, a hot coffee and a warm breakfast and watch Sunday Morning on CBS. I usually make pancakes, but sometimes I'm looking for something easier so last week I pulled out a bag of Quaker oatmeal and I might not turn back.
I pretty much followed the recipe until the end when I opted to make it a little more decadent by adding cream and sugar -- balanced out with some blueberries of course.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 cup Quick oatmeal (3-5 minutes to cook)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal cooking for 3-5 minutes (or, as per the bag's directions)
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar and cream. Stir in
- Add blueberries and mix in, letting warm up slightly
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle lightly with more brown sugar and a few more blueberries