I'm having a cooking love affair with zucchini. It's such a lovely ingredient to cook with and because of it's high moisture content, everything I make with it is so moist and delicious.
Zucchini muffins seemed weird to me, but I was happy to add chocolate chips to it (as per the recipe!). As this recipe was from www.allrecipes.com, lots of people suggested that this was a great way to feed vegetables to children. Truthfully, I don't agree. In a dozen muffins, there was one large zucchini, which nets out to hardly one serving. Either way, I really enjoyed these and they certainly didn't last long in our house!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.