August 9, 2010

Zucchini and Chocolate Chip Muffins


I'm having a cooking love affair with zucchini. It's such a lovely ingredient to cook with and because of it's high moisture content, everything I make with it is so moist and delicious.

Zucchini muffins seemed weird to me, but I was happy to add chocolate chips to it (as per the recipe!). As this recipe was from www.allrecipes.com, lots of people suggested that this was a great way to feed vegetables to children. Truthfully, I don't agree. In a dozen muffins, there was one large zucchini, which nets out to hardly one serving. Either way, I really enjoyed these and they certainly didn't last long in our house!

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips


Directions
  • In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
  • In a separate bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
  • Stir dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
  • Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
  • Pour into greased muffin tins.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. With zucchini being so plentiful this time of year, it is great to add them to almost anything really. Great recipe idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really the first year I have embraced summer squash! I thought I didn't like them when it turns out I just never had it cooked the way I like. I bet these muffins are scrumptious with chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics