One of the biggest kitchen challengs I have is how to dress up chicken. I wanted to use the flour tortillas I made, but since they were sort of time consuming, I was looking for quick to make with them. Months ago when I realized how much I loved Mexican, I tagged a recipe for lime chicken from http://www.allrecipes.com/ that fit the bill perfectly.
This chicken was easy, refreshing and the lime added a nice light flavour to a simple meal. And, while this isn't how I made them, I bet it would be easy to let the chicken marinate all day in the sauce and then quickly cook them up when you got home from work for a fast and healthy weeknight meal.
Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 10 6" flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and cilantro.
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve lime chicken in warm tortillas topped with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes