July 11, 2010

Summer Couscous and Chickpea Salad



It's hot out. I mean steamy, sticky, humid hot and what am I looking for to cool down? A refreshing, cold, delicious salad. I love this time of year, but the thought of standing over a hot stove is the last thing I want to do and I just find that I always gravitate towards cold foods and healthy ones. This dish meets all those requirements and then some! This is my new go-to for the summer pot luck and I'm sure it will be yours, too!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup cooked couscous
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinse and drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 field cucumber, chopped
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2-3 limes, juiced
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  • In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients with the olive oil and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.

Recipe from Ezra Pound Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics