I was looking for a good, classic chocolate chip cookie recently and I decided not to look any further the chocolate chip package. This was bound to be a good recipe because anyone who would put it on their package, had to be confident in them. These did not disappoint and fully lived up to their name of Chewy Milk Chocolate Chip cookies. I put these in just before So You Think You Can Dance came on, and was eating them by the first commercial. Yum!
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter and sugar mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop from a small spoon onto a an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes about four dozen cookies.
Recipe from Hershey's Chipits package