Beef stroganoff is one of my favourite meals. It's one of those meals that I could enjoy all the time, and now that I know how to make it, I just might.
This is easy to make, and not that expensive. It makes a solid four portions, which is what I look for on a weeknight that I can get two nights out of it. You could use various cuts of meat, but I actually just grabbed a package of beef stirfry strips, which meant that they were pre-cut and quick to cook.
Give this a try on a weeknight. You won't regret it.
- 1 lb beef or pork tenderloin, sliced into one inch strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp butter
- two green onions
- pkg of egg noodles
- In a large pan, melt 1 tsp butter a cook onion for about 4 minutes until tender.
- Add beef/pork strips and cook until no longer pink, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove onion and meat from pan. Melt remaining butter in same pan and cook mushrooms on medium heat for about 3 or 4 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix beef stock, sour cream, dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce.
- Add meat and onion back into pan and pour stock mixture over it.
- Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour over rice or egg noodles and sprinkle with green onion.