It's pumpkin season in Ontario. There certainly hasn't been a shortage of pumpkin recipes this year, put no matter if it's pumpkin pie, muffins, cupcakes or bread, there is a lot of consistency in the spices and many of the recipes call for pumpkin pie spice. Not wanting to buy an entire jar of pumpkin pie spice, I found a recipe to make my own using ingredients in my own spice cabinet. Pumpkin crisis averted!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices
- Store in an airtight container