Looking for something different to make with pumpkin? I made these out of the blue on a Sunday morning (which in our house, always features pancakes), but this could easily be part of a special Thanksgiving brunch. They are a dense and decadent pancake, perfect for a cold morning and would be delicious served with whipped cream and toasted pecans.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, spice and salt.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients just enough to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides. Serve hot with whipped cream and pecans.