These muffins were extremely moist and the batter was even really not like any other muffin batter that I've made before. The orange muffin on its own would have been really good, but I decided to add some craisins (cranberry raisins). For T, this put the sweetness scale over the top, but I really enjoyed them. So much in fact, that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.
Either way, I'd definitely make these orange muffins again but instead of the craisins, I would maybe add some walnuts or raisins instead, just to try something different.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp taking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup craisins (optional)
- In a small bowl, soak oats in warm orange juice for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and mix in oat mixture.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg. Stir into batter.
- Stir in vanilla and craisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans (greased or with paper liners). This batter will be really liquidy, but the muffins will be soft and moist!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.