November 9, 2010

Pecan Pie


We were recently invited to a friends' house for dinner and I jumped at the chance to bring a pecan pie for dessert. 

This is one of those classic desserts that my mom has been making for years. It is a super sweet dessert and best served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream to help cut the sweetness. It's pretty easy to make, but if you spend a couple of extra minutes putting your pecans in a simple design on the top (yes, you need to comb through your bag of pecans for whole ones!), then it takes the pie to a whole new level and looks like you put a tonne of effort into it.

Pecan Pie
Serves 8-10

Ingredients

Directions
  • In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly before adding sugar, salt, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in flour.
  • Roll out pastry and drape into tart pan (I used a quiche pan). Press down to fill out the pan.
  • Pour liquid mixture into pastry shell.
  • Arrange pecan halves into a pattern on the top. I did multiple circles, starting on the outside.
  • Using a paring knife, slowly "dunk" each pecan into the liquid mixture to coat; they will pop back up.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Filling will set as it cools.
  • Cool on wire rack and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

7 comments:

  1. Pecan pie is my husband's favorite dessert. I think I'll make it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lins, that photo is amazing and the pie looks amazing! You must start bringing some of these goodies to cheer events!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pecan pie just instantly conjures memories. That pie is just picture perfect. Great symmetry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pecan pie is my favorite holiday pie. This one is gorgeous! Congratulations on making the top nine!

    Everyday Southwest is one year old this month. I'm inviting everyone to enter our birthday give away... a beautiful KitchenAid mixer!

    Here's the link-http://www.everydaysouthwest.com/uncategorized/its-our-birthday-lets-have-a-fiesta/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, thanks for sharing :) been looking for a good pecan pie recipe actually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pecan Pie is always a staple at our Holiday dinners and my husband's favorite. Great recipe and pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is nice. I was really looking for a best recipe to make pecan pie. Last weekend my sister makes pecan pie, but sadly it doesn’t go really well. So I decided to volunteer in preparing for pecan pie for my grandmas birthday. I hope I can make a perfect pie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics