All of these recipes ended up in a single folder that recently has been getting out of control. It became ridiculously hard to find anything in it and every time I opened the drawer, recipes would spill everywhere.
So a few days ago, I spent $9 at the dollar store and just over an hour at the dining room table and have finally organized this beast of a recipe collection.
How did I do it?
- I pulled out any recipe I thought I would never actually make
- I sorted the rest into sections -- meat, pasta, brunch, dessert, salad, soup
- I got two floppy binders, 10 dividers and 50 clear plastic paper protecting sleeves (I'm sure there's a more official title for those)
- I put each recipe in a sleeve (these can be used on both sides)
- I used the dividers to organize the sections
I can't tell you how much better I feel about this. It's just so neat and organized and easy to use while I'm cooking.
Do you have any great ideas on how to organize your recipes?