We never used to eat dessert. Until I started baking. Now, every night, T says, "What's for dessert?" And if we don't have something, he suggests that I whip something up. Truthfully, I don't know how other food bloggers -- especially baking ones -- stay thin. Especially when there are decadent recipes like this chocolate cream pie out there.
I had never had one, but recently rewatching Julie&Julia, I was inspired to make one as I am now constantly looking for recipes to expand my
Chocolate cream pie is like the richest, most decadent pudding you've ever had, in a perfectly flakey pie crust and topped off with real whipped cream. Every, perfectly smooth bite just melts in your mouth.
Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 flakey pie crust, baked
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine sugar, flour, milk and chocolate in saucepan, stirring constantly until mixture begins to bubble. Continue stirring for two minutes.
- Temper the eggs by mixing a little of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, beating rapidly to avoid cooking the yolks. Stir the warm yolk mixture into the chocolate mixture and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour filling into baked pie shell and chill until set.
- Spread whipped cream over top or serve each piece with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com