Pancakes are our traditional Sunday morning breakfast, but this week, I wanted to be a little less hands on and give this quick frittata recipe a try. It was a nice change of pace and, since we don't eat a lot of bacon, a real treat to have something a little salty and well, let's just say it: greasy.
I used six eggs which was two more than the recipe called for so it took a little longer to cook, but two of us easily split it. (Split may not be the right word here... there was definitely a hungry man in my kitchen that may have had more than his half!). Overall, a great way to mix up breakfast and give me some time to sit back and relax while this was cooking. A great way to start a Sunday.
- six eggs
- 1 tomato, diced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet on medium, melt 1 tbsp of butter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs slightly, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Pour in the warm skillet and cover.
- Cook for 8 - 10 minutes, or until centre is set.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Canada's What's Cooking magazine