I don't know what's taken me so long to blog about this one; I make it all the time. This is one of the easiest dessert recipes I make, and is one of most well received desserts. It's also very light so it's good to serve after a heavy meal.
What more can I say? It's delicious and you must try it.
Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 box frozen blueberries (about two cups)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 egg yolks (yes, more eggs, but this time, yolks)
- 1/2 cup sugar (yes, more sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla (yes, more vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter 9" or 10" springform pan.
- Beat sugar and butter until soft. Add the whole egg and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir baking powder into flour and gradually add to creamed mixture. Turn into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top to cover. If using frozen berries, no need to defrost.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream, yolks, sugar and vanilla and blend well. Pour over berries.
- Bake for 1 hour or until edges of custard are lightly brown.
- Let cool before removing sides of pans.