December 14, 2010

Blueberry Sour Cream Cake


I don't know what's taken me so long to blog about this one; I make it all the time. This is one of the easiest dessert recipes I make, and is one of most well received desserts. It's also very light so it's good to serve after a heavy meal. 

What more can I say? It's delicious and you must try it.

Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
Serves 8-10

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 box frozen blueberries (about two cups)
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 2 egg yolks (yes, more eggs, but this time, yolks)
  • 1/2 cup sugar (yes, more sugar)
  • 1 tsp vanilla (yes, more vanilla)


Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter 9" or 10" springform pan.
  • Beat sugar and butter until soft. Add the whole egg and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir baking powder into flour and gradually add to creamed mixture. Turn into prepared pan.
  • Sprinkle blueberries on top to cover. If using frozen berries, no need to defrost.
  • In another bowl, combine sour cream, yolks, sugar and vanilla and blend well. Pour over berries.
  • Bake for 1 hour or until edges of custard are lightly brown.
  • Let cool before removing sides of pans.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, this looks so good. I love blueberry cakes and am always looking to find "the one." This might be it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this and it turned out well and was complimented on it. However I was taken aback with the cake part which seemed more like dough consistency. I added half cup of plain yogurt to moisten it and was ok. What did I do wrong. I followed recipe to a tee?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics