My family loves desserts and my mom makes the most impressive ones so it's always hard to top when I host dinner. I always look for something different and to balance out a heavy dinner of chicken parmesan, I wanted to make something lighter.
This key lime pie is an easy make ahead dessert and I make it in a springform pan which makes it look elegant and delicious. This one got rave reviews!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar to form pie crust
- Press into pan (trust me, you do not need to grease it!) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Mix together condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest
- Pour on top of pie crust
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until tiny pinhole bubbles form on the surface. Be careful not to brown!
- Chill well
- Make whip cream and cover on top.
- Add lime garnish