- really good french stick, cubed
- lots of butter
- lots of garlic
- Cut the bread into cubes and leave out for a few hours to dry out slightly (the longer you leave them, the less chewy they will be). I estimate about 3-4 croutons per person
- For about 20 croutons, I use about 3 tbsp of butter. Melt it in a skillet
- Add chopped garlic and mix well with butter. Keep on low-medium heat
- Add bread, stir often and cook until browned on all sides
- Pour into plate lined with paper towel and add to salad. You'll never go back to store-bought croutons again!