January 7, 2013

Parmesan Salmon


We try to eat salmon at least once a week. I've made it with shallot vinaigrette, poached in white wine, and a regular staple, salmon cakes.

As part of my 2013 goals to introduce some new foods to our table, I turned to my newest cookbook: Dinner Chez Moi, the Fine Art of Feeding Friends, by Laura Calder. Now that I've been cooking for awhile, I feel like I'm getting the hang of "reading" a recipe -- at least simple ones -- and knowing what it will turn out like. This one, was one of those for me, and I almost couldn't wait to make it. It is so simple that you're bound to have most of the ingredients in the house, save for the parsley, and is simple enough for a weeknight meal but elegant enough to serve to company.

Parmesan Salmon
Serves 6

Ingredients

  • 6 salmon fillets 
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs 
  • 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
  2. Lightly oil a baking sheet and place salmon on it
  3. Season with salt and pepper
  4. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley
  5. Pack crumb mixture on top of salmon to form a crust
  6. Drizzle melted butter evenly over top
  7. Bake until salmon is just cooked, about 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics