We've had this twice in the past two weeks which is the sign of a good, easy dish!
We don't eat a lot of meat, so when we do, I don't want something too overwhelming and these turkey meatballs are the perfect thing. Not too light and not too heavy and amazing with homemade pasta!
- 1-1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 3/4 cup of rolled oats
- one cup of milk
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour (to coat meatballs)
- 1/3 cup oil (to cook meatballs in)
1. Finely dice onion
2. Mix the ground meat, onion, oats, bread crumbs, milk, garlic and salt and pepper together -- don't be scared to get your hands in!
3. Make balls about the size of timbits and line them up on a cookie sheet
4. Put in the freezer for about 5 minutes. This will help them keep their shape
5. Dredge each of them through flour
6. Brown each meatball for a couple of minutes in oil on the stove
7. Once browned on each side, put in a pan with tomato sauce and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
8. Serve with fresh pasta
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman